Business Volunteers Needed to Help Shape the
Next Generation of New Jersey’s Workforce
Business volunteers play a critical role in the success of the New Jersey Chamber of Commerce Foundation’s programs, and there are numerous opportunities throughout the year for volunteers to participate in our educational programs and activities.
Students participating in New Jersey Chamber of Commerce Foundation (NJCCF) initiatives come from a variety of backgrounds and may have limited exposure to the realities of the workforce. Through programs, curriculum and interactive games, the NJCCF ensures that young adults develop an understanding of the culture and expectations of the workplace and the challenges of getting and keeping a job. Business volunteers help to reinforce these messages.
Volunteers are needed throughout the state for the following opportunities:
- Volunteers to bring the business perspective to classrooms by discussing a wide range of employability skills and employer expectations
- Tours of employer facilities to expose students to a variety of jobs, dress codes, peer interactions, and business culture
- Student mentoring, which can happen in the school setting or be integrated into on-site employer visits
- Job shadowing for high school students
- Serve on a panel of business judges for statewide or regional student competitions
If you are employed by a business with a community support mandate, volunteering with the New Jersey Chamber Foundation is a great way to meet those commitments.